Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Time Pullers (Book Review)

Title: Time Pullers
Author: Horton Deakins
Publisher: 4RV Publishing
Source: Bought

Goodreads Summary:
Time Pullers may forever change the way people think about UFOs, but here, readers will find no reference to alien craft of any kind.What do Napoleon Bonaparte, an Osage Indian dancing and singing to the stars on a lonely hill on a dark night, and a semi-trailer truck trying to run a gate on a US Air Force Base have in common? Only Time Pullers will tell.

Thoughts:
This book starts off very slowly and with a lot of technical physics words. In some ways this helps to make this science fiction idea seem more real, but it is a bit excessive at times. However, once I discovered that the story makes just as much sense if I simply skimmed over these sections instead of trying to read the whole thing, I began to really enjoy the story.
It is not the kind of novel that I usually enjoy: the story is more developed than the characters and I usually prefer the opposite tilt, but this story was so creative and engaging that I couldn't help but enjoy it.
The idea is very unique and is presented in a very realistic fashion. You really could almost imagine this story being true. 
The only major complaint I have, and I hate to say this because I know you should never judge a book by its cover, but the cover is horrible. Obviously, if you are reading this than you have already seen it. It looks to me as if a five-year-old did the design work. Unfortunately, in my opinion, this could really hurt the book as it is so intelligently written but you would never guess that from looking at it.
I would definitely recommend this book and suggest that if you are getting lost in the beginning, stick with it because it is definitely worth your time.

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment