Monday, February 27, 2012

Boyfriend from Hell (Book Review)

Title: Boyfriend from Hell
Author: E. Van Lowe
Series: Falling Angels Saga
Source: from author for review
Publisher: White Whisker Books


Goodreads Summary:
Fifteen year-old Megan Barnett and her single mom, Suze, have a special relationship—they are friends, close friends, who do almost everything together. 

“But come on, guys, she’s my mother… Can I really tell her that while we’re snuggled up on the sofa watching Spider Man Three, I’m secretly undressing James Franco with my eyes? Of course not…” 

The special bond takes a turn for the worse when Suze decides to start dating again. She hasn’t had a man in her life since Megan’s father left ten years ago. 

Enter two mysterious young men, Megan’s new classmate, sinfully attractive bad boy, Guy Matson, and the dangerously handsome art dealer, Armando. Before long Megan and Suze both wind up in steamy relationships. 

But neither of the handsome pair is quite what he seems. In fact, one of them is Satan, with his sights set on a new bride. Megan has precious little time to figure out how to stop him. If she doesn’t, either Megan or Suze are quite literally going to HELL.


Thouhgts:
This book was an excellent read. It was scary, fun, and witty all at the same time. Just when I thought I knew what going to happen, there was always some twist that changed things and kept the story going. I just couldn't put it down.
I especially loved the character of Megan. She seems like a typical teenage girl, not a perfect, can-do-no-wrong heroine. She was so easy to relate to because I could see teenage me in her and I'm sure the same would be true for a lot readers.
I also love her special relationship with her mother. They are so close and yet they were struggling to stay that way for most of the book. Despite the handsome men in their lives, this was my favorite love story of the book.
I would most definitely recommend this book to anyone I know and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.


Rating: 5/5

Come back tomorrow for an interview with the author of this amazing book!

No comments:

Post a Comment