Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Philosophical Practitioner (Book Review)

Title: The Philosophical Practitioner
Author: Larry Abrams
Publisher: Telemachus Press
Source: NetGalley


Goodreads Summary:
Eric is a philosophical practitioner, a new profession that emphasizes reason without slighting emotions. He has little money, a cat, confused clients, and an old girlfriend, now rich and famous, who wants to get back together with him. Meanwhile, a woman he's never seen before is trying to kill him. 



My Thoughts:
The Philosophical Practitioner is at the same time, a fast paced psychological thriller and a thought-provoking discussion about the philosophical meaning of life. The two are blended together so well that this novel does an amazing job of keeping you hooked and making you think.
I read the majority of this book in one sitting because I just could not put it down, it was that good. It makes you think and it entertains in such well-written way. I don't think I have been so wonderfully surprised by a book in a long time.
This book is definitely going on my list of favorite books of all time and I would most definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for a great read.


Rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! Is this an ARC or is the book already published? Never mind, just checked goodreads! It's out there and so also on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete