Friday, July 20, 2012

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Book Review)

Title: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Author: Philip K. Dick
Publisher: Random House
Source: Bought

Goodreads Summary:
A final, apocalyptic, world war has killed millions, driving entire species into extinction and sending the majority of mankind off-planet. Those who remain, venerate all remaining examples of life, and owning an animal of your own is both a symbol of status and a necessity. For those who can't afford an authentic animal, companies build incredibly realistic simulacrae: horses, birds, cats, sheep . . . even humans.


My Thoughts:
First off, I would like to say that I have not seen Bladerunner and my review will not in anyway be related to that movie.
This book started off really slow for me. I had trouble getting into it and relating to the characters or really even understanding and caring what was going on in the plot. However after about 50 pages, the story really picks up and the characters become more real. I was sure from the beginning that I was not going to enjoy this book, but in end I have to say that it was definitely worth the read. I am glad I pushed through the beginning to get to the end because it was well worth it.


Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment