Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Revenge of the Witch (Book Review)

Title: Revenge of the Witch
Series: The Last Apprentice #1
Author: Joseph Delaney
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Source: Bought

Goodreads Summary:
For years, Old Gregory has been the Spook for the county, ridding the local villages of evil. Now his time is coming to an end, but who will take over for him? Twenty-nine apprentices have tried--some floundered, some fled, some failed to stay alive. Only Thomas Ward is left. He's the last hope--the last apprentice.


My Thoughts:
I loved this book. I know that it was written for children, but that didn't even matter. It held my attention the whole time. It was exciting and fun. I cannot wait to read the rest of this series. It truly was a great read that I would recommend to any young adult fantasy lovers. The story is well-told and it left me wanting more. Thomas Ward is a very believable character that I just can't help but root for and Alice and the Spook are some of the most interesting characters I've come across all year. Fantastic!


Rating: 5/5  

1 comment:

  1. i like the quick way you've layed out this reveiw .i've just review this book and its so long.i might take note

    ReplyDelete